Sunday 19 October 2014

while we wait...

A funny thing happens when you are presented with the idea that you may be bringing home a baby (or two) in a couple days.  For about five days we weren't sure if we would get chosen as adoptive parents for two babies that had just been born, and wow did that ever bring to light all of the many things that I had planned/hoped to get finished.  Those things that only really happen when you are under the gun and just have too.... like painting the three or four rooms in the house that we have never painted (and we have lived here for four years)... making a quilt for our master bedroom... getting caught up on photo albums... doing a couple of small scale renos like door handles and a bathroom refresh... Yeah.  And the list is longer than that too.   

Overall, what I realized it that I better keep up with life so that when our adoption opportunity does come, we will be at least sort of ready!  And by sort of ready, I mean, not totally bogged down with to dos.  Who is ever completely ready for an adoption anyways?

So, with the possible adoption opportunity ending last week, I kicked into gear.  I managed to paint our upstairs hallway, which happens to have a measly six doors and two closets...yup, ridiculous amount of cutting in.


Yes, this is one of the most exciting pictures I have taken, lol.  The walls used to be a brown/peach colour.
I also ordered up some material for a master bedroom quilt.  The colours are blue, orange and white, so I had better get painting the forest green bedroom soon as well.  The quilt will be in a triangle pattern.  I wanted to choose something simple that I could make in just a few days so that it doesn't end up taking over my fall/winter.  These are some of the fabrics in the set I ordered!



Here is a sample my 2012 family photo book!!!  This was a project that I started last winter, so finishing it this week felt really good.  I may now get going on 2013 as well.  





Also, we were given a new adoption book to read when we were at our seminar earlier this month, The Open Adoption Experience, by Lois Ruskai Melina and Sharon Kaplan Roszia.  I have read a few chapters so far and I think that it may take me a while to read. It is so full of information and adoption stories that just a few pages gives you enough to think about for a few days.



I don't know if people ever really feel caught up with life, but I figured I should try.  I have really been enjoying all of these projects and they have given me somewhere positive to focus some of my energy.  I don't always feel like we are waiting, and I think that is because we keep busy.  I think I have enough here to consume for free time for a few months :).

I pray that Ben and I can wait well.  I don't want to be sad or discouraged.  I want to be prepared and excited.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback or questions?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...